Citizens of Canada who wish to remain in Portugal, on holidays, for a maximum period of 12 months, under a Memorandum of Understanding signed between their country and Portugal, should fulfill the general requirements, as well as the documents referring to specific requirements necessary for the processing of a temporary stay visa.
- Submit an invididual application;
- Hold a valid canadian passport;
- Be between eighteen (18) and thirty-five (35) years of age inclusive;
- Hold a return ticket or sufficient financial resources to cover its costs;
- Sufficient financial resources to cover expenses for duration of the stay;
- Adequate health insurance;
- Additional documentation may be provided, such as: work offer; or registration in a high education or post-secondary institution; or declaration certifying intention to travel and work incidentally.
Additional conditions to be fulfilled:
- Work is incidental to the holiday. Participants have the right to provide paid services.
For more information, please click HERE
Informative leaflet (PDF format) available HERE